Saturday, June 7, 2014

Chalk Painted Floor Lamp

Sometimes you just need a little inspiration to get your creative juices flowing! I saw this floor lamp in Kirklands and I loved it!  It was very close to the color of my chalk paint I just bought. It's amazing how paint changes everything! My lamp looks great now!

Kirklands floor lamp
Photo credit, Kirklands

My floor lamp 


American Paint Company


I started with  Limoge as the base color, then I used  Dollar bill as the main color.



This chalk paint goes on so smoothly!


After the first coat dried  I added a little of the smoke signal, (grey) to have some dark areas pop out then I  covered the entire lamp with dollar bill. 
Before the dollar bill color dried, I used a very damp cloth to wipe some areas to give a worn beachy feel! Rub random areas very lightly you don't want to take too much off!
 I love not having to sand!


After the paint had dried I used Annie Sloan's soft wax to give it a finished look!



 It turned out great!  
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Follow me