Sunday, April 20, 2014

French Provincial Desk Makeover








 I've always found this piece to be so elegant! While browsing through Craigslist one day I came across this beautiful desk! It needed a lot of help though! The previous owners had started to strip the paint off, but gave up! I probably wouldn't have stripped it otherwise, but since it was started I decided to go for it! There is never any need to prep if you are using Annie Sloan's chalk paint. That's why her chalk paint it's so amazing! 


Not the smartest move! Six coats of paint and a lovely drawing of a spaceship with aliens none the less!
 My daughter put together a video of the process! After a painstaking process, it was all worth it!

Here is the ugly truth!




This gorgeous hardware was still intact! I painted them the same color as the desk with Annie Sloan's duck egg chalk paint, mixed with rust-oleum black chalk paint then dry brushed the hardware with regular latex white paint.


                                                       I'm really pleased how it turned out! 



I wanted to do something really unique, so I decided to paint the Union Jack on top! I also found this rub on transfer and thought it would be fun to put inside the drawer! For the finishing touch, I used Annie Sloan's soft clear wax! It goes on a treat and gives it just the perfect sheen!





                                                              


                                                                Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Follow me