Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Rocking Chair Makeover


My friend and I were shopping for a rocking chair for her nursery on Craigslist and we found this one for just $10! Ugly isn't it! Ha ha! It was in good condition though, just needed tightened up a little and some TLC! When we got it home my friend felt that it was going to be too small for the room She asked me if I wanted it and of course I said yes! We actually found a larger one, which I finished for her and it looks lovely in her nursery!  This is the original picture on Craigslist! I forgot to do before pictures!



I sanded it down then ripped off the old fabric. My intentions were to use white latex paint, which I did, but then decided it didn't really work with the fabric I had. It seemed a little too modern. I decided to use Annie Sloan's Old Ochre chalk paint instead. The color matched perfectly! 



I used a staple gun to attach the fabric, then hot glued large piping to cover the area where the old staples had been.  


 Once the paint was dry I roughed up the edges with sandpaper to give it an old worn look.


 After roughing it up I used Annie Sloan's soft wax for a finished look!



Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Ah you chair turned out GREAT! It is so pretty now and perfect for your décor. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jennifer! Have a great weekend! : )

      Delete
  2. So beautiful shirley!!! Looks a lot better than when we went to pick it up.... you are so talented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! It's amazing what a little bit of paint and fabric can do! : )

      Delete
  3. I love your rocking chair! Beautiful subtle color and the paint adds the perfect touch!
    -expectable-chair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Laura! Have a great weekend! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this is what you were up to at Lowes! What a beautiful transformation! Your Hometalk link took me to your blog, but not the post so I had to look around a bit to find it, but I did! Great job! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha yes! Thanks Christy. Oh thanks for letting me know I'll have to fix that. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me