Saturday, August 1, 2015

From Fish Tank Stand to Console Table!


 I was driving back home one day and spotted this stand in a yard sale! I got a great deal on it as it was really rusty. The owner said he used it for a fish tank stand and I thought for the price I couldn't go wrong! 

AFTER



I used a wire brush to remove the rust, then sprayed it with Krylon. The coverage is great and it's perfect for covering rust! See below!



I bought one large piece of wood, then had Home Depot cut it to size for me to make the top of the table, then stained the wood with Miniwax wood finish. The name of the finish I used was Early American.


We drilled holes to attach the wood.


We turned the table upside down and measured to make sure it was even on all sides, then drilled the screws into the wood!


AFTER





It turned out great! I love it!


Thanks for stopping by!
Shirley.

1 comment:

  1. That's a BEAUTIFUL make-over!!! LOOKS GORG!!! I am NOW on the hunt for a fish tank stand!!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me