Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Simply Vintage Chic Wardrobe!



When I bought this gorgeous vintage wardrobe I couldn't wait to bring it to life! It was perfect for what I had in mind. You just don't see pieces like this anymore!

Narnia awaits you! Lol!


AFTER





AFTER
What girl wouldn't want one of these?



 Normally I wouldn't sand something down if I was going to chalk paint it, but this piece is so old  and I wasn't quite sure what type of stain was used and was afraid it may have bled through!





Before!


AFTER
I bought the handles at Home Depot, they have a great DIY section now!


 The hardware is amazing!



I mixed up my own chalk paints for this project.
THE RECIPE
2 Tablespoons of calcium carbonate
1 Tablespoon of water
1 cup of latex paint.
Finished up with Annie Sloan's soft clear wax.
I added a few drops of essential oil into this mix to make it smell good! I used linen scent, $2 from walmart!


I knew I was going to paint the motifs inside that's why I chose gray and of course to match the knobs!





I added a framed mirror to the door. It was easy, I just used gorilla glue and let it set overnight! It only cost $5 at Walmart, then I chalk painted the frame to blend in with the door.









This hook was attached to something else that I had and I thought it would be a nice addition to this piece! A great place to hang silk scarves.


Functional, fun and very chic!


Ha ha! One had to improvise!


This large motif costs $20 in the craft store, so to save spending any more than I needed to I printed out a picture of the motif and used my projector! It took some time to do, but it was worth it!



 Using an electric sander, I roughed up the edges.



I wanted to add something special inside and I love the meaning of this motif!



Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great week! 
Shirley x

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I love what you did to this wardrobe Shirley! The stenciled interior is such a pretty surprise and the mirror on the door is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous furniture makeover, Shirley! Love the surprise of the motif inside! :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow me