Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Hoosier Makeover


When I found this gem I swear I wasn't going to paint it, I thought I loved it the way it was! The wood was in great nick and everything was in tact, except for a couple of pieces of missing  hardware! 



 All I had to do really was to clean it up and add some new liner to the drawers!




I had looked at a few pieces online and seen that they had been painted and they looked really good! You know what happened next!!



Yip, and I'm so glad I did! I love how it turned out!!


I chalk painted it in Dixie Belle's Butter Cream, then used Johnson's wax to finish! I used the sander to rough it up a little and to give it a worn look!


I even added new hardware. It gives it such character!


I found this one in Hobby Lobby!
I decided to leave the porcelain the way it was because it just gives it so much character!


I added new liner to freshen up the drawers! This was a good match I think! I also painted the inside with Dixie Belle's sea glass.



From The Graphics Fairy, I printed this "GRAINS" graphic onto wax paper, placed it onto the door, then used a credit card to rub the transfer off onto the door! It's a great technique and easy too! You can find it here! Transfer Method


I will never underestimate the power of paint! I am so delighted that I painted it now, it came out beautiful! I hope that I have inspired you too! Have a great week!
Shirley x
Linking up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me