Sunday, July 21, 2013

DIY Shell Mirror


 
  
 
I am going to show you how easy and inexpensive it is to make these gorgeous shell mirrors! I bought these wooden framed mirrors from Ikea. I love that place! I knew I would do something different with them at some stage! While shopping at the beach one day I saw these little shells for a couple of dollars then thought hmmmm... I could find them on the beach! It took a while to find them but, I had some helping hands and  it was worth the time.

 
Malma mirror from Ikea.



To get started you will need: A Frame, shells, picture hook and a glue gun.

 
Start by hot gluing your shells to the wooden frame and continue until you cover the whole frame. Keep building the shells on top of each other until you are satisfied that there are no spaces. Don't forget to do the inside of the frame beside the mirror! It's a little tedious, but well worth it!  I used sawtooth hangers to hang them. You can pick them up at any hardware store for a couple of dollars!
 
 
 Sawtooth Hangers

 
 
I love how they turned out! You can place them on your foyer table in a fun grouping or hang them. Whatever you decide they will look awesome!
 
 
 
 
 
   Here is a close up of  the shells I used from the store!
 
 
 
I found a new home for my mirror! It works well in this space!
 
 
 
 
Here is the mirror I made with the shells from the beach!
 
 
 
They both turned out wonderful! 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! I would love to do this!!! I love anything with seashells!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me